Monday, December 20, 2010

Gambler's Lament


Yes sports fans, gambling on the NFL can be fun and exciting. It can also take a shocking and horrible negative turn from time to time. Take yesterday,for example. I am at a local sports bar (Mulligan's) for the 1:00 action. I bet the Bengals against my Brownies in a pick game, the Giants -3 over the Eagles and the Jags +5 over the Colts. At about 3:45, I am looking good. The Brownies are down 19-10, The Giants are up 31-10 and the Jags score late to trail 27-24. 3-0 is a distinct possibility. Well, not so fast my friend! The Giants have a TOTAL implosion. I then turn my attention to the screen to my left (Jags/Colts). Jacksonville has just cut it to 3 and is attempting an onside kick. To my dismay, the Jax kicker boots a weak dribbler that the Colt's guy scoops up, untouched, and runs in for the TD. WTF!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment