Sunday, May 22, 2011

SWAMP PEOPLE




I love the show Swamp People on the History Channel. There are a lot of great characters on the show, but Big Troy Landry is my favorite. Troy is a true Cajun, and he is King of the Swamp. The show documents the Louisiana gator season ( I believe it is in September) showing the exploits of some of the best gator hunters in the swamp. They are simple, hard working people, and the thing that strikes me about the characters...especially Troy, is how happy they are. They make a living off the swamp,and find a way to get by.They are not rich, by traditional standards, but they enjoy life to the fullest. I think we can all learn from them...Enjoy every day, if you are going after a "tree shakah" or grinding it out at your job.Be grateful for your family, and the blessings that you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment